Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Finally Got to Ride It.

Hey Everyone and welcome to another exciting post to the San Diego BMW Motorcycles blog. Yesterday evening I, Sean DeAngelis, FINALLY got to ride the demo S1000RR a few street miles! I know, I know. You're thinking "Sean, how did you talk Gary into letting you ride the S1000? You ruined 3 of the last 4 bikes you demo(lished)'d?" It was simple really...Mike left the key on his desk and someone else left the bike in the parking lot facing out! Stealthy like a ninja cat I swiped the key, threw on my helmet and ran out the door.

Verdict: It's an evil, evil machine. I actually started off in rain mode and things felt great. You need to twist the throttle quite a ways to get really moving but overall it's glass smooth in the rain setting.

Made a left onto 52 west and dialed up sport mode. TONS of power everywhere in sport mode. Sport mode will probably be the most popular mode among S1000RR street riders. It's got torque, revs and will go 90+ in first gear.

Exited the freeway and got turned back around heading east. Race mode? Absolutely. Low revs: lots of go go. Middle revs: lots more go go. High revs and whack the throttle open: sphincter factor 9, Christ on a pogo-stick, gonna be a few seconds before the sound of your screaming catches up with you fast. I've ridden several 1000cc sport bikes in the last year or so and I'm certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, without question that THIS is the single fastest motorcycle I've ever ridden.

We're giving free Demo rides on the S1000RR all day today (Sunday) and through next week. So if you want to see and feel what all the hype is about come on by and sign up for a spin. You will NOT be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Considering all the tuning I did on the YZ80 for Sean, (translation; straighten the handlebars again),to say it's the fastest, it's got to be one bad @$$ machine! ...Papa D.

    ReplyDelete